Looking for a hypnotist in New York? It makes sense that you should choose the best hypnotist in NYC for your needs. Here are nine questions to help you narrow down your search.
- Do you have successful case studies for _____________?
- Are you located near _______?
- What are your qualifications/training?
- How many sessions will it take to get results?
- Will you show me how to maintain these results?
- How long have you been working as a hypnotist/hypnotherapist?
- Is there anything you CAN’T help?
- Have you ever had people NOT get results?
- What do you recommend I do to get the best results with you?
1. Do you have successful case studies for _____________?
A good hypnotist will have success stories or case studies related to the problem you’re trying to solve, and will gladly share those. Having them means the hypnotist has experience helping clients solve your exact problem, which increases the likelihood you’re going to get good results.
2. Are you located near _______?
The best hypnotist in NYC for you will be located near you, or somewhere accessible to you. A good hypnotist will be able to tell you the areas they serve.
Freedom Hypnosis, for example, is located in Queens, NY, but serves Clifton, Brooklyn, Livingston, and Staten Island. Some hypnotists also offer sessions remotely, so you should always ask about that option if you don’t want to travel.
3. What are your qualifications/training?
It pays to go to an experienced and trained hypnotist. You won’t offend your hypnotist by asking for their training history and what they’re doing to keep up with the latest trends and research.
4. How many sessions will it take to get results?
One question to ask is how many sessions it might take to get results. The number varies by person, however your chosen hypnotherapist should be able to give you a rough estimate based on experience. This is especially important if you’re paying based on number of sessions.
5. Will you show me how to maintain these results?
A good hypnotist will show you how to maintain your results. That’s because all hypnosis is really self-hypnosis. You’re paying to get a specific result, and a reputable hypnotist will respect this by giving you audio recordings or other information for how to maintain your new mindset long-term.
6. How long have you been working as a hypnotist/hypnotherapist?
Your best hypnotist in NYC will have worked for at least two years. That’s because it takes that long to really hone the process. The longer someone has been an active hypnotist, the more likely you are to get results from their methodology.
7. Is there anything you CAN’T help?
This is an important question, because a reputable and qualified hypnotist will NEVER say they can cure everything with hypnosis. That’s simply not true.
A reputable hypnotist will also never claim you can change your eye color, height, or other genetic factors through hypnotherapy.
8. Have you ever had people NOT get results?
No hypnotist, no matter what they claim, has a 100% success rate. Your hypnotist should be honest and upfront with their rates of success and what to expect when working with them.
9. What do you recommend I do to get the best results with you?
Finally, your hypnotist should be able to give you advice about how to get good results with hypnosis/hypnotherapy. A reputable hypnotist should be able to give you advice about how to relax, how to pick the right “problem” to solve, and how to maintain your positive benefits long-term.
The best hypnotist in NYC for you will sound confident yet approachable, will answer your questions without defensiveness, and will resonate with you and your goals. This is important because in order to get results with hypnotherapy, you need to relax.
Bottom line: If you don’t click with your hypnotist, then you likely won’t get the kind of results you deserve.